lunes, 24 de agosto de 2015

Mauro Libi: Successful people know that everything have to be done with pride


Success can even be seen while driving a highway. I once was driving on the road and came to a toll booth. The man behind the toll booth had music blasting away and he was singing and dancing. He had the biggest smile and wished me a great evening. This surprised me because I actually never  saw a happy person working in a toll booth. To me they looked like coffins, the people in them would be there for hours and just hand out change bored every night. I started to look for him each night when I went through the toll. One night I asked why he was so happy. He told me that life was good and he was celebrating life and his future. A few months later he stopped working in the toll booth. When I asked about his whereabouts. I found out that he got accepted to medical school and started school.

Here was this guy who had one of the worst jobs one could have and yet, he had a great attitude, he saw a future. Of course one has to realistic. This pre-medical student was. He had bills to pay and had to take a horrible job. Medical school is hard to get into and he had to study hard. But despite all, he saw the good where other people could not. While most people see working a toll booth like being in a coffin, he found it as a time to celebrate and be happy.
Happy people tend to succeed. Successful people know what has to be done to do the best job possible and they do it. They do not just do their job they do it with gusto. The most boring job becomes a reason to be happy. Everything they do, is done with pride.

Can you imagine this guy as a medical student and then later as a medical doctor? He would take such pride in every step of the way. Every step towards his goal of becoming a doctor would be meet with happiness and celebration.


Success is about taking pride in what one does. Having a positive attitude even when things are not going well. Keeping your eye on your goal and doing what it takes to get it done. And if upmost importance , getting the proper training and education to be the very best in your field.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario