jueves, 5 de noviembre de 2015

Mauro Libi Crestani: Negative attitude can destroy your career and personal life

I once went into a car dealership for a car purchase. I was meet by a salesman who was dressed in a well ironed suit and he had the biggest smile. He introduced himself by name and he asked for my name. He offered me something to drink as we discussed my desires in a car.  Let me assure you, that you came to the right place. He had been with that dealership for years. His customers stayed with him each time they wanted a new car.  I was told that this car dealership was about positive attitude. The salespeople , the finance  department , the service department all had to be positive that their customers were treated with the best service and that all their needs and concerns were listened to and acted on. I felt so positive that this was the place for me. 

I have a married friend  who in sales. He is always depressed and always quiet. He is my friend and I once went to him to purchase his product for my company. He was telling me how sales were down, that he was not sure that he would be kept on with the company,he was not even sure that the company would be around much longer. I felt so depressed being with him, it actually felt like I was at s funeral. I just wanted to leave. As much as he was my friend and as much as I wanted to give him the business, I could not. I had a responsibility to my own company to buy from a company whose product was reliable and a company that would still be there for us when we needed service on our purchase.  

Strange thing is, this happened over twenty years ago. My friends company is still operating. My friend is still with the company. His salary is low as he gets very few sales. His negative attitude harms himself and his company.  

I would never tell this next part to my friend. We are only friends because we grew up with each other as children. I hate having to spend time with him. He get me depressed and can ruin an otherwise wonderful day. I have said to myself so many times, how sorry I felt for his wife. If I had to live with him or listen to him for an evening , I would go crazy.  His wife and children just seem so sad all the time.  

A positive attitude is inside of you. It comes out to those around you and effect them in wonderful ways. It can lead to better paying jobs, and a happier and healthier life. It makes people around you want to be with you and work with you.  

On the other hand a negative attitude can lose you jobs, lose you friends and harm all those around you. 
By Mauro Libi
Follow us Twitter @maurolibi15


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario